Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 4

The last time I wrote about my fantasy Football Team (Baryon the MACHO Black Dwarf), I was 1-0 with a league high 136.7 points. Since then I have maintained my awesomeness, except for last night, when I finally went down to defeat.

In Week 2 I pulled out a 105.9-94.2 win over The King of Jellies, with solid if not spectacular days from my players. (Tom Brady was my high scorer, with 23.3 points.) The victory was somewhat bittersweet as another team (River Tam Beats Up Everyone) set a league record with 178 points, erasing all talk of my Week 1 prowess. However, I still went 7-4 in the mythical Shadow Championship, and life was okay.

Week 3 saw me battle ROFLsberger, eking out a tense 116.4-109.9 victory. My team was again highlighted by Brady, with 30.3 points, and Joseph Addai, who netted me 18. I went 8-3 against the league, but was only out of the high score by 2.5 points.

Week 4 (concluded last night) saw the valiant Black Dwarves go down to defeat against the hands of Big Body Donks, 143.3-101.7. And while that score would indicate a shellacking (and trust me: my guys will be running laps at practice today), in reality I'm not as upset as I could be. For one, I had the third highest score, making me 35-9 in the mythical Shadow Championship. (In case you were confused, it's where we take our score and theoretically play every team each week to see how well we'd do if the luck of the draw were removed.)

By comparison, the next closest team (Johnny Utah) is 28-16. Obviously we're only 4 weeks in, and one bad week could lose me the league lead, not to mention that the Shadow Championship doesn't even count, but even though I lost last night, I'm the league's highest scoring team so far, at that Shadow Championship is at least in the cards if I can keep up the good work.

No comments: