Friday, October 05, 2007

The parrot can sing them lullabyes

I may (or may not) write an entire column one day on Britney Spears and her fall from grace. It's not that I care about her so much, as I think her entire character arc speaks volumes about our culture. However, that is a column for another day.

But there was something yesterday that I just couldn't let go without mentioning.

As you probably heard, Britney was supposed to be in court yesterday for a custody hearing, and I believe submit for a drug test. Apparently she had some errands to run and could not attend. I said with the VMAs she seemed clearly on drugs, and if ever you needed proof positive, I can't think of more compelling evidence. But it's not my point.

I had the TV on with the sound off, and happened to see a clip from people walking into the courtroom. (Cable news channels are covering this like the Sacco & Vanzetti trial.) Kevin Federline (who retained custody) was there, wearing....wait for it....an eye patch.

Now, as far as I know, Mr. Federline suffers from no cornea-related condition. You know what possibility this leaves.

And I thought to myself...."You know your life has completely and utterly fallen from grace when you lose custody of your children.....to a pirate."

Arrrrrgh

No comments: