Thursday, October 04, 2007

Star Wars after Family Guy

Did you watch the Family Guy Season Premiere? It was a one hour tribute to Star Wars, easily the best thing they have ever done. (The Simpsons' episode was amazing as well, as was this last week too. These two episodes are arguably top 30 ever, something not getting any love.)

Anyway, Family Guy. They somehow didn't do their usual constant flashback crap, and stuck tightly to the Star Wars storyline. I was overall very impressed. (I have more on this in Friday's column.) The reason I mention this is that last night I watched Star Wars (A New Hope) while eating my god-Graitch, and the SW experience was totally different because of all the fresh Family guy quips in my head.

They are releasing the Family Guy Star Wars episode as a stand-alone DVD. It'd be worth the double-dub with watching Star Wars.

No comments: