Friday, October 19, 2007

Where the Bitches at? Follow-up

A Note from Yesterday's Column.

I received several emails defending Ellen DeGeneres, either absolutely or by saying both sides were wrong. Friends, you just don't know what I know. I left much out that I should have put in. Plus, events happened right as I posted, that had I known about, I NEVER would have spent two hours re-writing and re-writing that column, trying to take much of the mean out. I don't care what Mutts & Moms did; Ellen DeGeneres is 100% wrong in this. I give you two things to look into should you doubt me: there is video available (pretty much anywhere), of Ellen and Portia rushing to the sytlist's house to comfor the teary kids. Think about that. Have you ever comforted children? Did you bring camera crews along? Can you think of any reason to bring camera crews along, other than to manipulate the situation? Secondly, Good Morning America yesterday (you can find the video on their website), ran a puff piece, seemingly objective but very subtly taking Ellen's side. It's worth watching the video (about three and a half minutes) to see what I'm talking about. Little things like emphasis on the right words by the reporter to call into question the Shelter's actions and justify Ellen's. As far as I'm concerned it's game, set and match. Ellen is at least capable of acting like any other celebrity. If I told you the circumstances of Ellen's dog but put in "Paris Hiton" as the party responsible, you'd be calling for her head. Don't press me on this, people; I'm leaving the dark side. You don't want me back there.

No comments: