Friday, October 19, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 7 preview

Before I get to the preview, I wanted to amend something I wrote earlier in the week.

When I defeated then-league best Johnny Utah (158.8 - 137.0), what made it extra sweet is that Johnny Utah had--by far--the second best score in the league that week. That means his team would have beaten EVERY OTHER TEAM. He just had the bad luck to go up against me.


Okay, as for Week 7, the Black Dwarf Juggernauts (my current team name, although I'm changing that as soon as I finish this post) go up against Raegan's a Calvin Fan. If you are becoming a fan of the Black Dwarves (and really: why aren't you?), here are some people to root against:

Dallas QB Tony Romo
Chicago RB Cedric Benson
Oakland RB Lamont Jordan
New England WR Donte Stallworth

This last one is galling because I drafted Donte (quite highly), and he was hurt early in the season. I had no room and had to take him off my roster, and before I could get him back Raegan snatches him up. Grrrrr.

For me, my usual big three (Tom Brady, Joseph Addai, Adrian Peterson) should all be playing. Big games from them and I hopefully do okay. The only fear is that I missed the Waiver Wire (again). My crazy commissioner has the Waiver Wire on Wednesday night instead of Tuesday night (he's a fascist), so I almost always forget. I have several key players on byes, but hopefully I can find some hidden talent by doing my homework.


About my team name: it would be hubris to think I could have the league high score for the third week in a row. This means that I can only change my team name up to game time. I could always go back to Baryon the MACHO Black Dwarf. That's what I started with. However, I do like to mix it up, so if you have a suggestion, please let me know ASAP! (I'm staying with the Black Dwarf theme.)

EDIT: I just changed my name to "Your daughter dates Black Dwarves." The "Raegan" in my team's name refers to the team owner's daughter, and I want to tweak him a bit. I won't keep that through the weekend, however, so I need your help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the waiver wire has been Wednesday night almost since the league's inception. That's what, 6 years in a row?

How about

Yo ho! A Black Dwarf's life for me!

Anonymous said...

If you thought it was on tuesday night you should have already had your picks set up a day in advance.

I'm calling BS.

Oh and thanks for the Props.