Monday, July 03, 2006

Piggybacking Int. Day

Kapgar had this great idea for yesterday: International Eat Something New Day.

I liked my response so much I thought I'd copy it here:

I didn't eat anything new that I know of (not feeling well enough to venture out into the world), but I did come up with a new way to eat skittles. Does that count?

I put several between my gum and upper lip, like I would for sunflower seeds. I help them there a minute or two, just enjoying slow I.V. drip of Skittle on my taste buds.

Then, when I finally pulled a Skittle down to my tonuge, it was a totally new sensation. The Skittle's once-forbidding exoskeleton was malleable, and in some cases I was able to crush the Skittle and scoop out the goo inside with no more than my tongue! (Although, as more than one can attest, I DO have a powerful tongue, but that's neither here nor there.)

Also worth mentioning: My current favorite person in the world sent me (among other things) packages of four different types of Skittles: Regular, Fruit & Creamy, Tropical Fruits and Wild Berry. I mixed them all together for my experiment.



Isn't that sweet?

No comments: