Sunday, July 16, 2006

As a Dog

Sorry no updates for awhile (although at this point I'm pretty sure no one is actually reading), but I got sick as a dog yesterday.

I planned for this, more or less,when I started. I wrote that my purpose was to cleanse my spirit. I've read about when people go off food for a week and basically detox, and all these poisons come out of their skin. I thought maybe my talk-fast might do the same.

Except, since I'm only not speaking, and I'm still communicating, I didn't really expect to get that sick.

So I don't know.

A couple of people asked me why I'm still writing and on email and IM if I'm not talking. Isn't that cheating?

One step at a time. I want to see how this goes, first. But yes, if I had to do it all over again, I'd have not communicated for the time period, although that would have been infinitely harder.

Even so, being sick and not being able to tell anyone, or moan, was much fun. I'll have to write a column about it or something.

I'm not dying anymore, but I'm not well either, so I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day. Probably won't update here until tomorrow.

No comments: