Wednesday, July 19, 2006

World's Best Mime

One of the hardest parts about keeping silent was trying to communicate without speaking. I had the notecards at first, but they seemed unfair so I abandoned them early on. I next went to sort of a pantomime.

I got pretty good at it, although my audience wasn't always. One time I was trying to tell my sister we were watching the "Pilot" of Family Guy. I got her to "Airplane-Driving" but she couldn't connect the dots. That was hard.

Or trying to tell her the movie on CMT was "Benny and June." I found "July" written on a newspaper, so that was okay, but then for Benny I had to pretend to flip a coin and go backwards to penny, and then "sounds like."

"I'm not even going to try to tell you how I got the idea of "LOOPHOLE" across.

Another difficult thing was when I wanted to laugh. I wasn't sure if that was permitted, but as I was trying to keep all sound from coming out of my mouth I had to laugh silently, which just about killed me.

No comments: