Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sounds of Silence update

I passed the 36 hour mark a while ago. There have been big events in the family, so making it all 100 hours seems iffy. By then I may not have a relationship with anyone I care about, and whether I continue or not will be a test to how stubborn I am.

The classic "Cut off my nose to spite my face" routine.

I mostly am staying in my room, which is bar far the best way to avoid talking to anyone.

The best part? So far, by a mile, is not answering the phone. I HATE answering the phone. If it wasn't for Caller ID I probably would never answer it. But I have to in a communal living experience. But not now.

Worst part? Not talking to my girlfriend. If only there was some way I could make an exception just for her....

More updates later. I'm going to sneak upstairs and see if I can get past everyone without the awkward silence and notecards, which probably wouldn't work anyway since it's late and the lights are likely to be mostly off.

[As I put the title on this post just now it occurred to me that I should totally be listening to the Graduate Soundtract--or at least that song--to inspire me. Somtimes I listen to the same song 500 times in a row, and that would be a good one. I wonder if I have it?]

No comments: