Friday, July 21, 2006

Cable Guuuuy!

Trying to be a better family, we decided to cut cable for at least August, maybe longer.

(I know what you're thinking: fall shows are around the corner! But it will all work out. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.)

Anyway, I'm on board with it, even though it means I'll miss the PGA championship (about the onlything I care about in August), but at least I get to watch the British Open. In fact, I've changed my entire schedule to make sure I was available to watch during the early morning hours.

So my dad tells them on the 19th that our last day of cable will be July 27th (the end of our billing cycle).

Now, when you sign up for cable, what happens? You have to take the entire day off of work, as the cable guys refuse to be pinned down, instead giving you this "Sometime between dawn and Midnight" time frame.

But when we let them know to turn the cable off 9 days in the future?

You know it.

Yesterday afternoon I turn on Pardon the Interruption. Actually, I TRY to turn it on, because they already have the Cable off!

Isn't that a kick in the pants?

So now I sit here, no British open, no late night Simpsons or Law & Order, not even one of Spikes 34 daily CSI airings!

Life sucks.

No comments: