Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's not Julistmas any more

You know that saying, "What if they had a war, and nobody came?"

That's how I felt Tuesday night. I worked myself almost to death Monday, getting ready for Christmas in July, and practically nobody came. Compared to the usual Tuesday numbers, it was pitiful. Sort of a the last two weeks or so. Before that we had our third biggest week, hit-wise, and I think the biggest with actual visitors. I thought the slump was finally over.

Then last week, back to average, and only hitting that with a stronger-than-usual weekend.

This week? So far it simply sucks. Tuesday was the worst, since I was so excited about Christmas in July. I started second-guessing myself. Should I have promoted it more? Probably not. I promoted the first "Ask Tracy and Hyperion" column, and that didn't do much good. I asked 8 times for Summer songs, and only two people sent them in.

I'm not trying to bitch, but this is my one blog, which means weblog, which basically means journal, and that's what I'd write in my journal. It gets depressing. And it hurts my soul.

So, I think I need to go away for awhile.

2 comments:

Dragon said...

Don't go. I'll miss you.

Tracy Lynn said...

Please don't go. I'll miss you, too, although I'll deny it if you dare to bring it up again.