Thursday, June 29, 2006

Blockbuster Pains

Went to Blockbuster last night to continue my sister Jerrica's movie education. Picked out THE USUAL SUSPECTS, a must see.

The Blockbuster girl was the helpful Morgana. She walked around suggesting titles. (I did the same, including AMELIE. I told her she couldn't watch it alone. Morgana said, "Who do I watch it with?" I was going to volunteer but then I realized that wouldn't go over well. "I would watch it with you," I said, "but I have a feeling my girlfriend wouldn't like that. Too romantic." Later Jerrica told me "Girls don't like their boyfriends watching any movies with other girls." That sounds plausible.)

Anyhoo, as my sister was picking out her gawd-awful array of movies to watch, it came out that Morgana watched (and liked) FAILURE TO LAUNCH. I immediately told her to quit talking to me. "You know," I said, "sometimes I look at you and wonder what might have been had we met under different circumstances. Then I listen to your movie preferences, and I thank god it didn't happen."

I'm being too hard on Morgana. She is a nice girl and all, and does like some good movies, but what is it with Chicks and the loss of brain power that makes them want to watch a piece of trash like FAILURE TO LAUNCH? (Actually, I know what's on her mind, and it's Matthew. You know I'm right.)

As we got up to pay Jerrica had THE FAMILY STONE, THE PRINCESS DIARIES, THE PRINCESS DIARIES 2, and ICE PRINCESS (which is the best, and I use that term loosely, of the bunch.)

I didn't want to let her check those movies out on my card, but Jerrica placated me with Sun Chips.

Basically I sold my soul for Harvest Cheddar. (That's a pretty good motto, huh?)

To top it all off, we get home and suddenly Jerrica tells me that THE FAMILY STONE is only a two-night rental, so I didn't even get to watch USUAL SUSPECTS.

Oh well.

2 comments:

tiff said...

Failure to Launch? Never heard of it. I'm no morgana, I fear.

Tracy Lynn said...

I think you just have an issue with romantic comedies. Although, I haven't watched Failure TO Launch, due to my hatred of SJP and deep dislike of Matthew, I do want to see tha Family Stone, Because SJP gets hit in the face with food.