Tuesday, July 18, 2006

410,400

114 hours.

6840 minutes

410,400 seconds.

(It looks a lot more impressive when you do it that way, doesn't it?)

I started off with a goal of 100 hours of silence. Halfway in I realized that 100 hours wasn't enough, and I needed to go 200 to have an impact, or even 1,000,000 seconds (this would bring me almost to 278 hours).

But my family was good enough to humor me for this long, especially as I sprung it on them with no warning, so keeping it up much longer wouldn't have worked.

I timed it to the second and was happy with my 114 hours.

(Until next time.)

I have many more thoughts on the subject, but as I'm still getting over being sick (something I think was at least indirectly if not directly relatable to not speaking), I'll leave it at this for now.

I went 114 hours without speaking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, since I've been gone, I'm just now catching up. This is truly amazing. I don't think I could do it. Of course, the main reason being that I have kids that need to be told things! Hope your spirit is cleansed...I know some people that would love to see me try this exercise!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your spirit is cleansed but would be lying if I said I wasn't happy it was over. You are a big part of my spirit cleansing you know.