Thursday, June 15, 2006

Coffee Drinkers are insane (and possibly high)

I went to Starbucks for my mother yesterday. I've never been in a Starbucks before. I've gone through the drive through since they came to town, but this was a new experience.

I was there for 10 minutes and got sick. It was that awful.

Honest to God; I do not understand how a human being can drink coffee. It's one of the worst tasting beverages ever. But I think the smell might be worse. At least in Starbucks.

I kid you not: in the ten minutes I was there I got a splitting headache from the stench. It assaulted me. I wanted to call the cops, like this was some crazy meth lab or something.

In fact, it was worse than being in a smoky restaurant or bar.

The thought occurs to me that maybe I'm allergic to coffee. After all, if I'm around smoke my eyes get all red and swell up. I'm definitely allergic. Maybe I'm allergic to coffee too.

I always told myself that unless there were EXTRAORDINARY circumstances I would never date a girl who smokes. I'm wondering if I shouldn't include coffee on that list too.

(By the way, in case you're interested, my mother had a coupon for any drink she wanted after they made her wait for six years last time. She wanted "the most expensive drink they make." After asking around and getting a couple different answers, I went with a Venti Java Chip. The very fact that I know that is disgusting.)


Freecell Follies: 1745-655; 72.70833%.
If you're scoring at home, I went 15-0 yesterday. I also hit 2400 recorded games (probably closer to a thousand actual games more). I think if I record my progress each day it will stop seeming so stupid and take on a mythical quality. At least that's my hope.

3 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

I like the Blackberry Green Tea Frappucino, which is more like a dessert and doesn't contain any coffee. But it DOES have whipped cream.

Tracy Lynn said...

I like the Blackberry Green Tea Frappucino, which is more like a dessert and doesn't contain any coffee. But it DOES have whipped cream.

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

How is it possible that you don't like coffee? It's unamerican, you TRAITOR!!!

Men in green aprons are coming to take you away.