Friday, June 16, 2006

I'm a cheese eating surrender monkey

I feel like a total Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey, but even I have to admit when I'm (temporarily) beat. I noticed my mood going down hill further and further all week, the little thigns getting to me, to the point that I changed my navigation. I can't beat up my own audience. (Unless they are dumb enough to show up at my house; then it's on, beeyotches!)

At the same time, I worked too hard on the book review, movie reviews and top ten list to just post them with no joy. I think yesterday was just too momentus. It was two years in the making, and has been basically ready to go for a month, but something almost got in the way. Finally I posted it and nobody went there, well, practically nobody. I talked to one of my best friends, and he didn't even read it because it was too long.

In retrospect I probably should have put that part on the Empire site and just kept it simple. Then again, anyone who honestly can't read 500 words is probably not going to want to be a part of it, so all things considered perhaps it was a good first filter.

I don't know why I get so wrapped up in wanting people to be a part of these things.

I think I'll confine my comments all weekend to here.

It's just you and me, 4 dedicated readers!

Freecell Follies: 1748-655. Only three games played yesterday. I was trying to support Tiger, and it wasn't going well, and I just didn't feel like playing. I think I'll take the weekend off from that too. In fact, I have just decided that I'm not going to speak a word to any human this entire weekend except in the Alligator Pit (and possibly the Barn).

2 comments:

Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, sometimes you make me sad. Cheer up, little buckeroo.

Tracy Lynn said...

And no, I'm not being facetious.