Thursday, June 22, 2006

Distracted part 2 - David Silver rules

When I was a senior in high school I had to take some classes at the state university, and I would get home tired, not wanting to do much. This was back when Law & Order was actually an event, but that didn't come on for a couple of hours. I ended up watching 90210, because it was the only thing on. By then they were in college, and I knew nothing of high school. It was dumb, but like any reasonably acted soap you can get into it if there's nothing else to do.

(The real reason I watched was that Danna Bagwell talked about it the next day in school, and this gave me an in with her.)

Anyway, a little bit ago I came up stairs (Brownie Break!) and saw that my sister was watching 90210. They were back in high school. Desperate to do anything other than my Carnival work, I sat down for a few minutes.

David Silver looked so young! Correct me if I'm wrong (and sadly, probably half of you know this), but wasn't he younger than the others? In college you couldn't tell, but in high school you so could. (Even sadder: Steve Sanders still looked 35 as a Jr. in high school.)

Anyway, the whole gang is going ot Palm Springs for Spring Break. (Kelly is pissed that David is going, and again, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they brother and sister? I guess at this point they don't know that. Or maybe they do, and that's why she's pissed.)

David is trying to act all cool (he keeps saying "all Johnny Depp," although Johnny Depp wasn't a movie star back then, so I'm guessing he means 21 Jump St. Depp), and Steve keeps telling him to act casual. David is trying to get some food out of a vending machine and this obvious hooker walks up to him.

"I'm Tuesday."** She says.

"That's my favorite day of the week!" David replies.

The real reason I am posting this, though, is when Donna, Brenda and Kelly are talking about outfits before they go. Donna says (quite seriously), that they might meet high school guys, college guys, grad school guys, and drop out guys, and you cannot dress the same for any of those situations.

This in a nutshell explains everything you need to know about rich kids, white kids, Americans, Californians, and mos importantly, girls. It's so profound I would write six columns on it, but I think if I wrote six columns on Tori Spelling Ajax's head would explode, so I will suffice with the mention.

1 comment:

Skittles said...

i believe kelly & david were bro & sis via marriage.