Monday, June 26, 2006

migraine

I have not been that sick in awhile. I don't know what happened. My head started hurting about 3 this morning, and I took some Tylenol, and it went away. Then it came back, but I wasn't really worried. My head hurts quite a bit, and I'm used to it. I certainly didn't let it slow me down.

Then it just started getting worse and worse. I noticed I was having problems with the lamp being on, and then I was slurring my words. Perhaps the biggest indicator was that I was moaning rhythmically. It was kind of freaky.

When my head hurts that badly I throw up. Don't know why, but I just do. Sadly, unlike when I'm sick to my stomach, throwing up does not make me feel better. Still, I know I was in trouble. I hung out in the bathroom, but could only dry heave. I was going to lay down, but by then I was so queasy that I feared to travel more than 10 feet away.

Finally I threw up, and it was so violent. My sinuses all jammed and added to the pain. I couldn't breathe. And the vomit was all red. This was a problem, as I'd eaten nothing red. It could have been a tums I took several hours earlier, but I'm afraid it was blood.

Eventually I made it to my bed, shutting off all the lights and putting on me, I managed to sleep, waking up every couple of hours without much improvement.

Finally about 9:30 at night I awoke feeling a little bit better. The pain was largely gone, but when there is that much pain the aftereffects still cause problems, like the body is in pain just trying to adjust back to (relative) normality. My stomach still feels tender although I was finally able to eat some food, and every half hour or so my head starts hurting again, just for a few minutes, to remind me that it's still there, lurking, in case I get the bright idea to resume normal life.

My only conclusion is that the week finally caught up with me. The Carnival and several other major projects all had to be done this week, and then there was the garage sale, which I didn't have to stay up for, but I helped move furniture which caused my lower back to be sore. I think I just paid for everything at once.

At least I hope so.

1 comment:

Skittles said...

Hey Hon - I hope you're feeling better soon - Hugs, chicken noodle soup, and grape popcicles to you.