Friday, November 30, 2007

FF - One and In

Like I wrote Tuesday, if I win this week, I'm in the playoffs.

My opponent is league-worst The King of Jellies, which doesn't mean anything as he is capable of putting up big numbers and making me look bad. Part of me would like to lose this week while my nemesis ROFLsberger wins, making our final regular season game (against each other) for all the marbles. However, more of me wants to end the season on a high note, and wants to crush everyone.

The contest actually began yesterday, with an NFL game between Dallas and Green Bay. I had Dallas's kicker Nick Folk, who put up a very nice 14.2 point. Jellies didn't have anyone playing. They are playing Rex Grossman at QB and Mushin Muhammad at WR. Both teams play for the Bears, which means any TD that Rex throws to Mushin doubly hurts me. The Jellies also is playing Chester Taylor, who they snagged out from under my nose as a replacement for my Adrian Peterson (both RBs from Minnesota). Peterson may actually play this week, which means we could see the first game ever featuring two RBs from the same team going against each other on the same week.

As always, my team pretty much comes down to Tom Brady and Joseph Addai. If they do well I'm pretty much unstoppable. What worries me is that both Brady's Patriots and Addai's Colts play stellar defenses (The Ravens and the Jaguars respectively), but fingers crossed.

Both of us have significant players in the Monday night game, so I won't know for sure until Tuesday morning, but Monday Morning I should have some idea what it will take to win.

No comments: