Thursday, November 22, 2007

Fantasy Football Week 12

I forgot to mention this, but I won last week! My team (currently called Gothic Lolita - the Black Dwarf, although I mean to change that) defeated the Milkshake-Powered Psychonaut Bears 131.5 - 105.4. Adrian Peterson was out, which hurt, but Brady scored over 40, and several of my other key guys threw in decent to good games, and I ended up with another good score. (It was the second highest score of the week, by 5 points, putting 10-1 in the Shadow Championship for the week. I don't have data for the Shadow Championship for the year, but I plan to soon.)

Also this last weekend I won the very first Eliminator SFL Pool. This was where we pick who will win in our league each week, and see who can be right the longest. I was facing one other guy and his pick lost narrowly, giving me the victory. I had predicted my team would win, hoping for the karmic boost for my guys.

This week I play a team that USED to be called Up in Hot llamas, but now is called A Mavin Lepton Sleuth. I'm not 100% sure what that name means, but I know the team owner (Pablo Neruda) works at the Smithsonian at Harvard doing some sort of Physics thing, so he may be describing his job. As you can tell, this is the third team to have a "space" flavored name, copying me. (Remember: my original name was Baryon the MACHO Black Dwarf.) I should be flattered, but am instead enraged. Oh well.

Obviously you should be rooting for Tom Brady, Joseph Addai, Wes Welker, Antonio Gates and Dwayne Bowe, and if you have the time, say a few curses for Kurt Warner, Maurice Morris and Anquan Boldin.

I should know by Sunday night if I'm going to win.

No comments: