Friday, May 26, 2006

What would an idiot filter look like?

I feel like this has been a lost week (no pun intended, as I still haven't seen the season finale of TV's best show). I have all these plans for the website(s), but each day it gets morning and I don't have done what I want. I'm not sure I can work any more hours than I have been, but some how I have to become more efficient. I'm not entirely sure why I'm pushing so hard. I guess I just feel this sense of urgency to get these last few projects off the ground and self-sufficient in case I'm not always there to spear head them.

I wonder if that's what Jesus felt like towards the end?

Speaking of which, I'm reading this fascinating book called "The Jesus Dynasty" by James Tabor. It's one of six books I'm currently reading. I like to spread the books out in different rooms, so no matter where I am I have something to read. (Yes, including the bathroom. Don't even get me started on you haters who think that's a bad idea.)

Anyway, Tabor's book is sharing time with a 9/11 conspiracy tome in my "right before sleep" reading slot. The other night (who am I kidding; the other morning) I was just about to fall asleep when I had what may be the most brilliant thought of my lifetime. However, I was so tired that I wasn't sure if it was brilliant, or just seemed brilliant because I was losing my focus.

I'm not sure how most of you do it, but when I get that tired and I'm still trying to read I'm usually reduced to one eye to conserve energy. Do you do that?

So like I said, some day I may write a book and gain acclaim for this thought, or it may be stupid.

Also speaking of Tabor, he inspired a column that sadly will have to go in Hyperion X when I finally post it. Not because there is any foul language or sexual content or violence or adult subject matter or Connie Chung, but simply because I just know the very notion will piss a lot of people off.

It shouldn't, but it will. People are so unedumacated it makes me sad. I would post this today, but with the Carnival Crowd, I want to make nice in case this is their first impression.

Achk! Just writing that last sentence depresses me. Why am I always holding back?

Screw it. I'm going to sleep. Come Monday I start blowing people up. What's the point of being this smart if you run every sentence through an idiot-filter?

1 comment:

Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, sometimes you think way too much.

Part of the beauty of the blog is that it frees up that part of you that over thinks. Well, it CAN.

You can always go back and delete later. Just let go for once, damnit.