Friday, May 26, 2006

of PayPal and false hope

I have a pretty cool email notification on my Outlook Express. For a long time I had Mr. T saying "Mail, Motherfucker!" a la the guy in EUROTRIP. However, if I happened to have the volume raised, Mr. T could be heard across the street.

I switched to something called "sliderock.wav" (Google it and it should come up). Much better sound.

Anyway, I was working on Monday's column when I heard the sliderock and saw the little envelope pop up on my lower right of the screen. Mail is always good. It could be a witty comment from my top ten list. It could be an email from a old friend. It could even be Tracy Lynn finally admitting that she loves me.

Even better, I saw the email was from PayPal. Heart in my throat I tore open the email, only to discover that it wasn't some patron of the arts, wanting the Hyperion Institute to continue its good work. It was just a survey on PayPal's efficacy from a registered user standpoint.

Talk about your emotional whiplash.

1 comment:

Tracy Lynn said...

Man, I totally hate it when that happens. Want to go down there and give them a boot to the head for you? That'll teach them to play with people.

And I DO love you. In my own SPECIAL way.