Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Not 'til you're 15

I did have one good thing happen last night: the Shari Bobbins episode of The Simpsons was one.

I'm not sure if The Shari Bobbins episode makes my personal top ten (probably top twenty), but I do know that I have never laughed so hard at a Simpsons episode as the first time I saw Shari Bobbins.

Here is one of the best songs, including audio (I was going to sing it myself, including all the voices, but wisely was talked about of it):

this is an audio post - click to play
(pushing the green button keeps you on this page)


A Boozehound Named Barney

Shery: In front of a tavern,
Flat on his face,
A boozehound named Barney
Is pleading his case.

Barney: Buy me a beer,
Two bucks a glass.
Come on, help me,
I'm freezing my ass.

Buy me brandy,
A snifter of wine.
Who am I kidding?
I'll drink turpentine.

Moe: Move it, ya drunk,
Or I'll blast your rear end.

Barney: I found two bucks!

Moe: Then come in, my friend!

Shery: And so, let us leave
On this heartwarming scene.

Bart: Can I be a boozehound?

Homer: Not till you're fifteen.

No comments: