Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fantasy Football - the Playoffs begin

I have not updated Fantasy football in awhile.

Basically, I won the final game, thus winning my division. Of course, for all practical purposes the game did not matter. I was playing a team (ROFLsberger) with the same record going in (10-3), and we had the best records in the league by at least 2 games. No matter what happened in this game, we were both making the playoffs. Moreover, because the loser couldn't win the division, he would automatically get the wildcard slot. We have 3 divisions, and in the playoffs it looks like this:

Team #1 vs. Team #4
Team #2 vs. Team #3

Teams 1, 2, and 3 are made up of the three division winners. Meaning: We were destined to play each other two weeks in a row no matter what, as the winner would automatically be the league's best team, and the loser would get the wildcard.

Still, the team owner was quite catting and wouldn't congratulate me on the victory. Will the gods care? We'll see.

Procuring my victory (which, by the way, I won 125.3 to 113.2), I managed to set some other records too. I had the highest score in the league this year by 165 points. I won't bore you with all the statistical analysis from previous seasons, but suffice it to say that's a giant margin. Additionally, my 1656.9 points for the season (a 118.35 avg.) was 85.7 points more than anyone has ever scored during a regular season ever in the history of our league.

You'd think this would be worth a few oohs and ahhs from the league, but so far just hatred.

The worst part? It all might come for naught. The way playoffs work, you have one bad season and you're done. My entire mostly magical season, full of set records and so forth, will mean nothing if I happen to lose to ROFLsberger this weekend. Worse: I could score the best ever and still lose, as I cannot control what his squad does. Sometimes it's just a guy's week.

But I'm hoping not. I really want to beat this guy, and vanquish his gloating ass.

His big scorer is Matt Hasselback, QB for Seattle, so if you want to do voodoo, start with him. then move on to RB Marshawn Lynch, WRs Plaxico Burress, Reggie Wayne and Tory Holt and TE Jason Whitten.

I should know by Monday where I stand. I'm actually nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's now up to me to vanquish him.