Friday, December 21, 2007

Fantasy Football - the Fantasy ends

Well, what I feared came to pass.

The snowstorm ate up the Patriots, and more importantly Tom Brady, and my team could never recover. In the back of my mind I feared this all week, and maybe that brought it to pass.

Final score: ROFLsberger 104.8 - Black Dwarves 80.8

Tom Brady averages 30 points. In this game? 1.2. If he hits his average, I win. Because Brady was down, Welker did nothing. Unrelatedly, Antonio Gates did nothing. I mean, woulda coulda shoulda, but this was only the second time all season I was below 100 points. What a time to lay an egg.

To make matters worse, I made a few remarks earlier in the week about how my opponent had not congratulated me on winning the division, instead making a few catty remarks. No big deal. So, Monday afternoon, long after our playoff game was decided, as I was wallowing in my misery, he writes this post on the Message Board.

Hyperion,

This is long overdue, but congratulations on winning the division.


Ouch.

All that's left is to play Ferret Freedom Alliance for 3rd place. I can hardly wait.

No comments: