Monday, September 18, 2006

The Tale of How I got my ass kicked

As far as I can remember, I have never lost in Week 1. I certainly have never been 0-2. I am calling it now: WORST SEASON EVER! I just know my team will suck like no fantasy team has ever sucked before. What is wrong with me?

How could I go wrong naming my team after Iranian Jews? It is not as if they are a group under siege, right?

Sigh.

I tell you: that Jebus is a tough deity to crack.

Even worse: I am going to wind up 1-10 in the Shadow Championship this week. What is the Shadow Championship? Each week we calculate what our record would have been if we had played each of the other 11 teams. Basically taking the luck out of it. There is only one other team which scored fewer points than I did. That means that I would have lost virtually any match up.

To add insult to injury, my “Best Possible Score” is only like 3 points higher than what I actually scored, while my opponent would have scored in the 120s.

I really really suck.

(I do not have the heart to give you the full breakdown, so here is the blurb)


91.60
75.60
GameCast | Final
Actual vs Best: The Tale of How | Iranian Jews for Jebus
High Scorer: Julius Peppers (17.00 points)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, it is my league and I've never done better than 10th place.