Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fantasy Football (Week 2)

Last week I went up against the League powerhouse and got a gift: both of his stud Running Backs underperformed. Could I take advantage? Could I make him pay? Could I sneak a victory in there?

Nope.

This week I am up against The Tale of How, a team without two great RBs. In fact, The owner is only starting 1, opting instead to put three Wide Receivers (WRs) on the field. WRs generally score fewer points than RBs, but it is an allowable option in the league, and you do what you gotta do.

I am curious what "The Tale of How" got named. I just wrote the fellow, but on game day he might see me as an enemy and refuse. Still, there is hope.

Last week the owner (Let us call him Max Powers) scored 90 points even, out of a potential 99.00. He lost his game, but I want it noted for the record that if he had played me he would have won.

Going over the rest of his team, I feel like I am overmatched on offense a good deal but have a better Defense with my two stud LBs. Last week my DBs were horrible, but I am giving them one more reason to turn it out. I am sitting my DE Dwight Freeney, who is listed as Questionable for playing. Freeney was listed as questionable last week and did play, but scored poorly. In place I am going with Mario Williams, who was actually the first overall pick in last year's real NFL draft.

I am also giving another rookie a shot, Tight End Vernon Davis. He had a fumble last week but also a touchdown, and it it is possible he could be a real find. Everyone else stays the same, including starting Betts from Washington as RB. People who care will note that I started him last week only to see him share time with Portis, who was not supposed to play. This time Portis is out, but I heard Betts is still sharing with a phalanx of other RBS.

Do coaches not realize what this does to Fantasy owners? How can we start a player with confidence when he might share time in the backfield with Larry, Moe and Curly?

Sigh.

Anyway, below are the teams. I will have an update later tonight about where we both stand. Neither one of us have a Monday Night game, so it should be all over but the shoutin' by midnight.




The Tale of How
Owner: (Blocked)
Iranian Jews for Jebus
Owner: Hyperion
0.00 Marc Bulger STL QB Sun 4:05 PM @ SFO

0.00 Ronnie Brown MIA RB Sun 1:00 PM vs BUF

0.00 Darrell Jackson SEA WR Sun 4:05 PM vs ARI

0.00 Derrick Mason BAL WR Sun 1:00 PM vs OAK

0.00 Terrell Owens DAL WR Sun 8:15 PM vs WAS

0.00 Chris Cooley WAS TE Sun 8:15 PM @ DAL

0.00 Shayne Graham CIN K Sun 1:00 PM vs CLE

0.00 Bryce Fisher SEA DL Sun 4:05 PM vs ARI

0.00 Julius Peppers CAR DL Sun 1:00 PM @ MIN

0.00 Will Witherspoon STL LB Sun 4:05 PM @ SFO

0.00 Derrick Brooks TAM LB Sun 1:00 PM @ ATL

0.00 Rodney Harrison NWE DB Sun 4:15 PM @ NYJ

0.00 Lawyer Milloy ATL DB Sun 1:00 PM vs TAM

0.00
0.00 Tom Brady NWE QB Sun 4:15 PM @ NYJ

0.00 Warrick Dunn ATL RB Sun 1:00 PM vs TAM

0.00 Ladell Betts WAS RB Sun 8:15 PM @ DAL

0.00 Anquan Boldin ARI WR Sun 4:05 PM @ SEA

0.00 Lee Evans BUF WR Sun 1:00 PM @ MIA

0.00 Vernon Davis SFO TE Sun 4:05 PM vs STL

0.00 Adam Vinatieri IND K Sun 1:00 PM vs HOU

0.00 Jason Taylor MIA DL Sun 1:00 PM vs BUF

0.00 Mario Williams HOU DL Sun 1:00 PM @ IND

0.00 Keith Bulluck TEN LB Sun 4:15 PM @ SDG

0.00 Ray Lewis BAL LB Sun 1:00 PM vs OAK

0.00 Nate Clements BUF DB Sun 1:00 PM @ MIA

0.00 Darren Sharper MIN DB Sun 1:00 PM vs CAR

0.00

No comments: