Friday, September 07, 2007

Fantasy Football Update

The NFL season got underway last night, which means Fantasy Football did too! I finally picked a name, but I'm going to hold off telling you that until the weekend's games are completed.

However, I just had to give you an update from the first night.

Joseph Addai, my stud Running Back (RB), had 3 catches for 25 yards receiving and 23 carries for 118 rushing yards and a touchdown! Yay Addai!!!

Under the screwy rules our League (thank you Commissioner Bear) I only get 1 point per 15 yards of rushing and receiving (instead of the usual 10), which means….25 + 118 = 143 yards = 9.4 points +6 points (Touch Down) = 15.4 points.

I also had a Defensive Lineman playing last night…for the other team! (That's how we cupcake in Fantasy Football.) Unfortunately, Will Smith was definitely not fresh or princely, and had only 2 Tackles for 2 points. (I'd like to point out that it was Kaida's choice to draft him, because of the name, so it's her fault.)

Still, after one game 17.4 points is not too bad. My opponent had only one player last night (Marvin Harrison), and came away with 11.4 points. Technically that puts me ahead, but since I had two players accruing my points, I'm not really sure who's better off. We will have a better picture going into Monday Night Football.

Players to root for this weekend (if you love me, and I know you do):

Tom Brady (against the Jets)
Adrian Peterson (against the Packers. I actually spent the better part of two hours trying to decide whether to start Peterson, who plays for the Vikings, or Brandon Jackson, who plays for the Packers. Both are rookies and I didn't know who would start.)
Donte' Stallworth (he plays on the Patriots with Brady, so every Touchdown Brady throws to Stallworth is worth double!)
Santana Moss (against Miami. I mention all these defenses because you should also root against them)


Players to root against this weekend, as if they kidnapped your children and dis-invented microwave popcorn:

QB Philip Rivers (plays for Chargers)
RB Ahman Green (plays for Texans)
WR Anquan Boldin (plays for Cardinals)
WR Terrell Owens (plays for Cowboys, once ate a child raw)


By the way, I feel somewhat badly about this, because when I posted my new team name my opponent Paul was the only one to get the significance, but all's fair in love and war, and Fantasy Football is definitely both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So whats your team name?