Monday, August 04, 2008

Throwing a Parade

So,

I'm talking to Kaida last night, and the conversation is winding down, and she says something pointing out a great thing (in her eyes) that she did, and clearly wanting credit for it. I decide to ignore her. And, like all women who feel they have not been justifiably praised for their wondrous deeds, she repeats the sentence, just in case I didn't hear.

This leads to a mild argument about whether what she did is praiseworthy, and how class it is to call attention to that allegedly praiseworthy act.

Finally I deadpan, "Let's add that to the list of reasons to throw a parade."

I knew I had a classic. What a great line, right? You know you want to start using it. In fact, I forgive her self-aggrandizement, as it led to such Awesome on my part.

Of course, like a woman, watch Kaida now try to take credit for "inspiring" my line.

1 comment:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I'm actually surprised you've lived this long.