Monday, July 09, 2007

USA Today's Sports Scandals


As you will recall, once a week USA Today ranks the Top 25 somethings of the last 25 years. A few weeks ago I felt the need to take their Top 25 Sports Moments to task, and especially admonished the articles author, Miss Rachel Shuster. (I was later forced to apologize to the same Miss Shuster when she pointed out that she merely summarized each entry instead of deciding them.)

Well, it seems our Miss Rachel Shuster has learned the error of her ways. Some might call it coincidence. Some might point out the above paragraph, how she has nothing to do with actually making the picks. I? I like to think it's a little something called "Miss Rachel Shuster Googles herself and journeys to the Hyperion Institute to read a fabulous article." That's right. I'm taking sole credit for the relative goodness of this week's USA Today list. And while I have some minor quibbles with the rankings (OJ, Kobe and Len Bias should be higher), I really am overall mightily impressed. And since I always give credit where credit is due, we salute Miss Rachel Shuster for learning from her time at the Institute!

(Seriously: it's a pretty good list, with some, um, great summaries. Do check out her choices.)



No comments: