Monday, July 30, 2007

Simpson Movie QODs

Through luck, sheer guile and most of internal combustion engine from a '63 Plymouth I was able to see THE SIMPSONS MOVIE last night. However, after that there was a raucous dinner (itself worthy of at least one comment), and I find myself now so tired and drained as to be unable to put into words what I want to say about the film. I've been waiting for 18 years for last night, and it was (in case you couldn't tell) important to me, and I actually have things to say, so perhaps you'll forgive me if I hold off on my review until the morrow.

However, I did want to give you the Questions of the Day we had at dinner, which you are welcome to answer yourself in the Comments. In honor of the movie we had a Simpsons Theme.


  • Question #1 - What was your favorite Couch Gag?
  • Question #2 - If you were making a movie with Spider-Pig, what would it be called?
  • Question #3 - If you had to have carnal knowledge with one same-gender Springfield resident, whom would it be?

My sister Jerrica said she liked the "real life" intro. She would call her movie I KNOW WHAT SPIDER-PIG DID LAST SUMMER and she'd be all over Sherry Bobbins.

Our Server Samantha (more on her another time; that girl was a piece of work) liked the M.C. Escher Couch Gag, would call her movie SPIDER-PIG SAVES ATLANTIS (she liked the idea of S.P. using his corkscrew tail to propel himself through the water, as well as other facets), and she'd lower the lights with Malibu Stacy. (The doll or the woman who inspired it? Of that Samantha was unclear....)

As for me, I loved it when the Couches came alive and attacked everyone in town. I don't see how I could get away with not making I WAS A TEENAGE SPIDER-PIG, and as for the sex, I'm not into that sort of thing. Well, maybe.......

No comments: