Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Color of Trust



Give me your Trust, said the Aes Sedai, 
On my shoulders I support the sky; 
Trust me to know and to do what is best 
And I will take care of the rest. 

But Trust is the color of a dark seed growing. 
Trust is the color of a hearts blood flowing. 
Trust is the color of a Souls last breath. 
Trust is the color of Death.

Give me your trust said the queen on her throne, 
For I must bear the burden all alone; 
Trust me to lead and to judge and to rule 
And no man will think you a fool. 

But trust is the sound of a grave dogs bark. 
Trust is the sound of betrayal in the dark. 
Trust is the sound of a souls last breath. 
Trust is the sound of death.


~from a song called "The Color of Trust" which appears in LORD OF CHAOS by Robert Jordan


No comments: