Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fantasy Football - Oh the humanity

It's just the way my year has gone.


I got home last night, which is a rare thing since injury has left me virtually housebound at all times. I flipped on the TV, and check the internet to see I was up about 16 points with less than a quarter to go.

You will recall that I wrote yesterday that all I needed was DeAngelo Williams to NOT score more than 24.3 points, and I was in the playoffs.

In our league you get 6 points for a Touch Down, but only 1 point every 15 yards running/receiving. (Most leagues are 1 point every 10.)


It looked pretty good for me.

Then Carolina scores. Specifcally, Williams scores. That made it closer than I would like, but I was still up over eight points, and not that worried.

Carolina scored again, but not Williams, and I figured I was looking better.

With two minutes left, I was up 8.4 points. This means that DeAngelo Williams would have to score a Touchdown and get at least 36 yards for me to lose. Tampa Bay was trying desperately to stop Carolina, who was playing conservatively.

I was on the phone with a friend, and I said, "The only thing I have to worry about is if DeAngelo breaks one open, and goes for a Touchdown.

Not one minute later, DeAngelo Williams broke free and scored a Touchdown. The run was 37 yards.

With less than two minutes left, my season went up in smoke. I went from division winner and making the playoffs--after everything bad that happened to my team this season, not to mention my light-damned year--after all that I was on schedule to make the playoffs until that last play.

I give up.

No comments: